Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Warning...this is not for people with weak stomachs...

Remember how I said I'm a nurse...well yeah and a lot of my friends are in the medical field as well...plus, this picture may help someone else recognize a skin reaction at some point if/when they have an ostomy. It still takes a lot for me to post this pic. Just because it's such a personal part of who I am right now. But here it is...I said there would be the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to my blog. So if it bothers you, don't look. For those of you that are curious, well notice how the skin is red, blotchy, irritated, not to mention itchy around where the barrier adhesive hits my skin in a diamond shape. The rash isn't noted around the circle right around the stoma because that's where the barrier ring is placed against my skin. Oh and for all my nursing peeps, note how pink and fleshy the stoma site is, just like it should be :) all is well, except for that darn rash! 

No comments:

Post a Comment