Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Post Op Day 20

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since my surgery!  That seems crazy to me.  I talked to a lot of people about how scared I was prior to my surgery and how I thought that I would absolutely hate having a bag.  I also spoke openly about how being a young female, that I knew my body image was going to take a huge hit...one wise woman's response to all that has really rung true for me at this point.  She said that I would be surprised at how quickly I would adapt to the changes in/on body.  She predicted that within a very short period of time, that I would accept it as part of who I am.  I think she was right.  I'm slowly, yet surely accepting this as a reality.  A temporary reality. I've had to make a lot of changes in my life...but the end result is worth it.  And every day since my surgery has been so much better than the way I was living my life prior to it.  You can't beat that with a stick :D

No comments:

Post a Comment